December 30, 2003

Do you ever wonder how you're going to die? A psychic told my sister that she will live to be 88. What if I'm going to die when I'm in my 30s and I haven't done anything with my life because I'm waiting until I retire to do anything fun? What if I do all this stupid work for 40 years that means nothing, and I never reap the benefits? I generally don't think about this, but it crossed my mind this evening while watching Sopranos. They had a discussion on whether or not the Soprano mom should be DNR (do not resuscitate) or not. The oldest sister in the Soprano family came back into town to get the mom's money because she's a leech, so she wanted the mom to be DNR. Anyway, the mom found out and cut her out of the will...
I love my handsfree headset for my cell. I feel like I'm in the room with the person because I don't have to hold the phone to my ear.
My day was pretty shitty. It all started out having to use Suave shampoo. Nick bought the crappy coconut scented Suave shampoo which I hate to use because 1. Who washes their hair with coconuts? and 2. Suave makes my hair look all white trash stringy.
Then I had nothing to wear that was decent, and I ended up wearing these stretchy grey dress pants that make me feel like a toddler in big girl pants because they have an elastic waist instead of a zipper.
I got to work and my boss gives me 8 million things to do while she "takes it easy because we're slow" DUDE. I'm not slow...I had a billion people come in today for new hire paperwork, interviews and other crap that I had to deal with all by myself.
I'm ready for today to be over with....

No comments: