July 25, 2004

Boy, does my neck hurt! Here's why.....
At my "family reunion," in which about 10 family members attended (thank you SO much Miller "Family") I was messing around in a tire swing. Turns out 22 year olds should not play on tire swings. Middle sister decides we need to play horseshoes....and decides to help me out of the tire swing. Helping means holding the swing up until my arms give out and I fall to the ground. :P
That didn't hurt nearly as bad as 95% of my mom's family skipping out of the reunion. If any of those "family" members knew how much time and thought was put into this by my mom and aunt, they would have went. This year's theme was a hillbilly party. Maybe it hit too close to home for them. Unfortunately,  they missed out on a really fun time. I hope all of said "family members" read my blog and realize they let everyone down by not showing.  What is ONE  afternoon a YEAR to visit with FAMILY going to hurt them?  Apparently, it's too often.  I mean, I realize I know EVERYTHING about my aunts, uncles and cousins by reading their Christmas Newsletter sent to me with a family picture taken on their fancy pants vacations...but I would much rather see them in person. Priorities people! 
Anyway....aside from being angry at those formerly known as aunts, uncles and cousins (excluding the ones who attended the much worked for reunion) I had a pretty fun weekend!  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LIfe is too short to let little things bother you.
Some of the guys had a good reason for not showing.
Besides Lisa and your Mom had a fun time planning the whole shindig....I know you enjoyed falling out of the swing. LOL

Kristina said...

There were about 2 families who have legit reasons for not showing up. The party was very much fun. It would have been even more fun if Mom hadn't gotten her feelings hurt by the rest of the people who didn't show. I personally couldn't give a shit less about people being there or not being there, however I do care about Moms feelings. Hard not to be angry about that. There were literally 10 people there. I don't think she should throw any more parties. Someone else should step up and do it.

Unknown said...

Rude! So very rude!
I hope your neck feels better.

Anonymous said...

Like some one said life is too short to carry anger around. I had fun, so it was worth the effort. Ther will be no parties for a while tho.